Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Weapons for Success

In achieving my goals, I will be using the following:
1. walking shoes
2. light weights - 2lb weights
3. Richard Simmons' Dance Workouts
a. Sweat and Shout
b. Party Off the Pounds
4. Yoga Zone - Body and Soul Workout Basics
5. my trusty pedometer
6. Perfect Bands - resistance bands
7. Arsenal of Healthbooks
a. Chef Kathleen's Cooking Thin Daybook by Kathleen Daeleman
b. Fit to Live by Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, ACP
c. Reader's Digest 30 Minutes A Day To A Healthy Heart by Frederick J. Vagnini, MD and Selene Yeager
d. Calorie Counter Guide

My Workout Routine
5x a week - 15 min. walk + 15 min. elliptical + 15 min. elliptical
3x a week - weight training
3x a week - yoga






Eating Plan: (Everyday except Sunday = Cheat Day)
a. 4L of water
b. 3 servings of lean proteins
c. 3 to 4 servings of fruits
d. 4 to 5 servings of vegetables
e. 2 to 3 servings of low fat/fat free dairy
f. 1 to 3 cups of green or black tea
g. 2 cups of ginger tea


 My trusty web guides:
1. www.webmd.com
- for my weight updates and personal food diary
2. www.prevention.com
- for healthy recipes and eating guides + motivational reads, exercises




long term goal:
a. lose 70 lbs
b. reduce waist circumference to less than 35 inches
c. run or walk a marathon at least 3x a year
d. cure my menstrual pains for good






short tem goals:
a. lose 1 to 2 lbs every week or 4 to 8 lbs per month
b. achieve at least 7 hrs of sleep everyday


No comments:

Post a Comment